The Castaldi group is part of the Channing Division of Network Medicine, where we are part of the larger group of Dr. Edwin K. Silverman and collaborate closely with other members of the Systems Genetics and Genomics group.
Our goal is to better understand how people develop COPD in order to improve the care of this serious disease. We use the tools of genetics and genomics to:
- Identify genetic variants associated with COPD and related phenotypes
- Identify genomic signatures of COPD and related phenotypes
- Identify biological subtypes of disease that may be amenable to targeted therapies
- Build predictive models using clinical and genomic data
- Collaborate with basic science colleagues to characterize specific biological mechanisms that cause COPD
Recent blog posts